Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

172 A Glass of Wine

A Glass of Wine. I realized that today's painting is the first still life in the series. I am a bit amazed that I haven't done any until now. In addition to a long history of still life painting through the last 500 years, painting still lifes is a great way to work on your painting skills. The techniques you learn painting from a still life, color and value, making objects move back or come forward. Using soft edges vs. hard edges, etc. translate to figure and landscape paintings. Painting distant trees against a fence line in the foreground of a landscape is the same, if of a lesser degree than painting the edge of a table against a plaster wall background.
Here's a glass of wine for you. Knowing me, it's most likely just a nice chianti to go with my Italian sauage and salad.

A Glass of Wine
4 x 6 Oil on Canvas
$100. shipping included







Each painting is an original, one of a kind. Once it's sold, it is gone. Click on the button above to pay with paypal or credit card.
Or contact me directly at: steve at sfilarsky.com
A donation to Danny and Ron's Rescue will be made for every painting sold.

Continue on this journey with me and see what's in store for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails