Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

19. Gypsy Laddie O

This painting is based on a photograph my wife took while down in Florida. The Gypsy Vanner horse she photographed was actually much darker. But like painting black cows, they just aren't as much fun, colorwise. I titled this painting after old scottish ballad The Gypsy Laddie. While painting ( and even now when looking at it ) the refrain of Tannahill Weavers version kept running through my head... Laddie-o, laddie-o, follow the gyspy laddie-o.


Gypsy Laddie O
4 x 6 Oil on Canvas
SOLD


Each painting is an original, one of a kind. Once it's sold, it is gone. Click on the button above to pay with paypal or credit card.Or contact me directly at: steve at sfilarsky.com


Continue on this journey with me and see what in store for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails