Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

230 Afternoon Impression

Perhaps a better title for this painting would be "Painting with a Corgi II" Not that there is a corgi anywhere in this painting. I took my easel out to paint the roses in the garden late yesterday afternoon, hoping to get some nice slanting light, but the sun had already gone below the trees that are behind our house. So off I went, through the gate and down the driveway to where the trees were still in sunlight. The first painting was started and at this time of day, the sun moves quickly what was still in light would be in shade in a matter of minutes. Not exactly speed painting, but no time to waste, just concentrating. Until the corgi showed up. One of our corgis who decided to hop through the fence and see what was happening. So rather than take him back to the yard and his pen or get a leash, I kept painting and watching him and calling him back ( he still finds many things of more interest to him than my commands) and then holding him by the collar as cars drove by.

The first painting was finished. I had two canvases with me, so I began a second one, this one. Looking back across our pasture, across a honeysuckle covered fence to an old barn and trees silhouetted by the lowering sun.

Carolina Afternoon - Impression
4 x 6 Oil on Canvas
$100. shipping included







Each painting is an original, one of a kind. Once it's sold, it is gone. Click on the button above to pay with paypal or credit card.Or contact me directly at: steve at sfilarsky.com
A donation to Danny and Ron's Rescue will be made for every painting sold.
Continue on this journey with me and see what's in store for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails