Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

15. Hurricane

Here is another painting of Hurricane, a fourteen year old wired hair fox terrier. After his owners left the room, he leaned over on to the pillow and didn't move until I finished the painting.
The light on my easel was from an sliding door which opened onto a large covered porch. I couldn't actually see enough to distinguish the dark colors that I mixed on the palette. After working with the same colors on my palette for years, you begin to learn how a bit of ultramarine blue and a little more burnt sienna make a nice dark brown. So I did a bit of mixing my dark colors from memory.
I have addeed a page on my website with a gallery of all the paintings to date.
Wired Hair 2, Hurricane and thePillow
4 x 6 Oil on Canvas
SOLD
Each painting is an original, one of a kind. Once it's sold, it is gone. Click on the button above to pay with paypal or credit card. Or contact me directly at: steve at sfilarsky.com
Continue on this journey with me and see what in store for tomorrow.
Stephen Filarsky - Plein Air Painter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails